There is no distant cousin of New York City! NYC is unique for all the right reasons. As long you have a place to stay, you wouldn’t mind exploring this city. It’s isn’t a myth that NYC is expensive, but every experience is worth paying for. If you are planning a trip anytime soon, you should consider enjoying these things listed below.
- Make time for jazz. There are some amazing jazz clubs in NYC, and if you are a fan of the genre, you should grab tickets for some of the weekly events. Birdland has regular options, and there are other clubs too. Do buy in advance, because even locals here enjoy jazz as much.
- Grab a pizza slice. Short on cash? Don’t want to spend on a three-course meal? New York City is known for pizzas, and it can be really cheap. You can buy a slice for as less as $2, and trust the foodies when they talk of the experience.
- Take the Staten Island Ferry. Everyone knows of Statue of Liberty, but you can actually get great views of it by taking the Staten Island Ferry, which is completely free and ferries between Manhattan and Staten Island. The one-way trip is 25 minutes, but worth the time spent.
- Don’t miss American Museum of Natural History. There are over 80 museums in NYC, and we recommend that you consider at least a few. For the love of dinosaurs, head to American Museum of Natural History.
- Head to Times Square. You cannot come to NYC and not visit Times Square. This the iconic commercial and entertainment hub that’s known for the tall billboards, endless buildings, and neon lights. Spend the evening here for a splendid experience.
- Central Park is fun. You may have visited many parks, but Central Park is a legit place to explore, more so because it’s located in one of the busiest cities in the world. Do keep a couple of hours to take great photos.
- Take a walk on Brooklyn Bridge. It takes around 20 minutes to walk along the entire Brooklyn Bridge, but you can thank us later for the photos. Make sure that you consider going in the morning, when the rush is not at its peak.
Check online now for New York CityPASS to get access to many attractions for free. We promise that NYC will feel different on every single visit.